Saturday, May 1, 2010


It's Saturday May 1 and 7 full days have gone by since I installed the bees in the hive. Although yesterday was plenty warm enough to do a hive check, I didn't get back home till after 7 which is really too late to start gathering things together. There was still plenty of bee activity in and out of the hive through all the way till sunset.

The morning was gorgeous here - bright and warm and as I sat opposite the entrance to the hive watching the bees go in and out, I thought I could see pollen sacs full. With my eyesight and the quickness to which the bees would land and go in the entrance, I needed to get my binoculars out to really see what was going on. A quick look, then off to get the camera. Nice to see them carrying in basket after basket of pollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment